World population day is basically a global level awareness campaign that is being celebrated every year all around the world in order to make people aware about the reason of this exploding population every year as well as to solve the big mistake of entire human fraternity.
World Population Day Significance
World Population Day seeks to raise the awareness of worldwide population issues along with aiming to raise people’s awareness on several different population issues like the importance of family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health as well as human rights.
When Is World Population Day 2019?
World Population Day 2019 is going to be celebrated all around the world by the people on 11th July 2019, Thursday.
World Population Day History
The day: proposed and recommended by Dr. KC Zachariah in which population touches Five Billion when he operated as Sr Demographer at World Bank.
The event: then established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme in the year 1989. The day: inspired by the public interest in Five Billion Day on 11 July 1987, the estimated date on which the world’s population touched five billion people.
World Population Day Themes
Every year, the theme is decided for World Population Day and the day is then observed accordingly as per to the theme. So, here are the World Population Day Themes from the year 1996 to 2008.
- 2018 : “Family Planning is a Human Right”.
- 2017 : “Family Planning: Empowering People, Developing Nations”.
- 2016 : “Investing in teenage girls”.
- 2015 : “Vulnerable Populations in Emergencies”.
- 2014 : “A time to reflect on population trends and related issues” and “Investing in Young People”.
- 2013 : “Focus is on Adolescent Pregnancy”.
- 2012 : “Universal Access to Reproductive Health Services”.
- 2011 : “7 Billion Actions”.
- 2010 : “Be Counted: Say What You Need”.
- 2009 : “Fight Poverty: Educate Girls”.
- 2008 : “Plan Your Family, Plan Your Future”.
- 2007 : “Men at Work”.
- 2006 : “Being Young is Tough”.
- 2005 : “Equality Empowers”.
- 2004 : “ICPD at 10”.
- 2003 : “1,000,000,000 adolescents”.
- 2002 : “Poverty, Population and Development”.
- 2001 : “Population, Environment and Development”.
- 2000 : “Saving Women’s Lives”.
- 1999 : “Start the Count-up to the Day of Six Billion”.
- 1998 : “Approaching the Six Billion”.
- 1997 : “Adolescent Reproductive Health Care”.
- 1996 : “Reproductive Health and AIDS”
World Population Day 2019 Slogans
“Let us join hands to control the population and save this world.”
“Keep the population under control so that there is a better life for everyone on the planet.”
“It is very easy to add more heads to the world but very difficult to maintain them.”
Slogans on Control of Population Growth
Plan your family right to protect the planet and control the population growth.”
“Controlling the population today will reflect in its benefits in our tomorrow.”
Posters on World Population Day with Slogans
“By having a small family, you can have a happy family.”
“Earth will not be able to carry the increasing load of the population for long…. Wake up!!!”
World Population Day Quotes
“Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve”. – Jonathan Sacks
“A finite world can support only a finite population; therefore, population growth must eventually equal zero”. – Garrett Hardin
“In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day”. – Jacques Yves Cousteau
“As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women’s issues, in bringing down the population growth rate… as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension – that of a mother”. – Benazir Bhutto
“Population growth is straining the Earth’s resources to the breaking point, and educating girls is the single most important factor in stabilizing that. That, plus helping women gain political and economic power and safeguarding their reproductive rights”. – Al Gore
“Rapid population growth and technological innovation, combined with our lack of understanding about how the natural systems of which we are a part work, have created a mess”. – David Suzuki
“You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption”. – Noam Chomsky
“Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometrical ratio”. – Thomas Malthus
“The power of population is indefinitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man”. – Thomas Malthus