Spotify vs. Pandora: Well, if you are a music lover and love to stream music online, then you must have heard of Spotify and Pandora. Both Spotify and Pandora are one of the top online streaming services providers. Both are very popular and therefore have many subscribers. Due to their popularity, it turns out hard for most of the people to select one out of both.
As many are confused among these two services, so with the help of this article we are going to provide you details regarding these two so that it would be easy for you to select which one is best for you.
Spotify vs Pandora
Spotify Premium features
- Users can listen to an album, playlist, or podcast without ad breaks.
- Spotify let you play music by any artist, at any time on any device such as a mobile, tablet, or your computer.
- Users can download and play music for offline listening.
- Users get remarkable sound quality on personalized music and podcasts.
- With Spotify, the users get a personalized music experience like no other.
- You can also cancel at any time you like.
- Listen with ad-free music
- It offers higher-quality audio
- The Subscribers can enjoy personalized on-demand music and podcasts
- You can search and play your favorite songs, podcasts, albums as well as playlists on-demand
- It will also let you create playlists on your own or powered by Pandora
- Subscribers can also download the music you want for offline listening
- You can get unlimited skips and replays
Spotify vs. Pandora: Price and Availability
As far as the cost is concerned, the Spotify streaming services looks much better than Pandora as Spotify offers much better services in the same price range. Other than that, Spotify also offers the freemium version which is accessible for its users who cannot afford a subscription on a monthly basis. Both of the streaming services benefit the 15 per month family plans, which is at present the best option for a group.
Pandora on the other hand also offers the $5 per month plan option to its users who want quality tuned but at the same time don’t have a good budget to buy $10 monthly plan.
Spotify has also started a Spotify Duo plan which is limited for two people that are priced in the middle of $10 and $15. In order to get ad-free music streaming services of Spotify, you will surely have to spend at least $10 per month.
Spotify vs. Pandora: Playlists
Talking about Pandora first, it is limited to generate the playlist of a specific artist or the musician. One of the biggest drawbacks of this online music streaming service is that you can’t add your favorite songs to the playlist.
In addition, you can use the playlist to be shared by the friends or else you can listen to the playlist created publically. On the other hand, adding individual songs or albums manually is not supported.
Coming to Spotify Playlist, it works in the traditional way but here you can add or take away the music manually from the playlist. For adding and removing the songs from the playlist, the users don’t need to go through a particular singer’s playlist or through any specific generation. All you need to do is to create your playlist by adding your favorite songs from various generation along with different musicians. In order words, you can say that it is free or cheap as well as a legal way to share your favorite artists and their songs.
Other than that and most importantly, Spotify puts no limit on the number of playlists that a user can create. While Pandora just allows its users to create up to 100 unique stations/playlists only. In these terms, Spotify is best than Pandora.
Verdict & Winner
So from the following comparison of both of the streaming services, Spotify is the winner because it comes with the premium Music features and allows users to get the Unlimited songs only with a few seconds. While Pandora provides the Limited to songs based on specific singers or generation.