World Environment Day 2021 Activities, Celebration, Slogans, Posters & Quotes: World Environment Day (WED) is an annual celebration which is celebrated on the 5th of June, and is the United Nation’s principal vehicle in order to encourage the awareness and action for the protection of our environment.
World Environment Day 2021: Day and Date
This year in 2021, World Environment Day is going to be held on Wednesday, 5th June 2021.
World Environment Day 2021: Host Country and Theme/ Slogans
This year in 2021, World Environment Day is going to be hosted by Pakistan and the theme for the day will be “Ecosystem Restoration”.
Here are some of the previous World Environment Day Host Countries and Themes, let’s have a look….
|2010||Many Species. One Planet. One Future||Rangpur, Bangladesh|
|2011||Forests: Nature at your Service||New Delhi, India|
|2012||Green Economy: Does it include you?||Brasilia, Brazil|
|2013||Think.Eat.Save. Reduce Your Foodprint||Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia|
|2014||Raise your voice, not the sea level||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|2015||Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care.||Rome, Italy|
|2016||Zero Tolerance for the Illegal Wildlife trade||Luanda, Angola|
|2017||Connecting People to Nature – in the city and on the land, from the poles to the equator||Ottawa, Canada|
|2018||Beat Plastic Pollution||New Delhi, India|
|2020||Time for Nature||Colombia|
World Environment Day History
The first-ever event of World Environment Day was held in the year 1974, it has been a flagship campaign that raises awareness on increasing environmental issues or concerns regarding marine pollution, human overpopulation, global warming, as well as sustainable consumption and wildlife crime.
World Environment Day 2021 Celebration
This year in 2021, World Environment Day is going to be hosted by Pakistan and the theme for the day will be “Ecosystem Restoration”. On this day various activities, debates, rallies, events, and much more will be held in order to raise awareness about the Air Pollution concern.
As per the World Health Organization report regarding Air Pollution concern stated that:
- There are 4.2 million deaths every year as a result of exposure to ambient (outdoor) air pollution
- There are 3.8 million deaths reported each year as a result of household exposure to smoke from dirty cookstoves as well as fuels.
- There is a total number of 91% of the world’s population lives in places where air quality exceeds WHO guideline limits.
World Environment Day Posters
World Environment Day Activities
The day is observed to make aware the common public about the environmental issues and on World Environment Day various activities are held such as:
The celebration takes place at national as well as international level by setting up several activities in the public places in order to the aware common public about the real causes of environment status degradation and also to let them know what steps should be taken in order to solve such environmental issues.
Encouraging common people from different societies and communities in order to take an active part in the celebration as well as turn into an active agent in developing environmental safety measures.
On this day various debates, rallies, events, and much more will be held in order to raise awareness about the various concerns regarding the environmental issues, and this year it will focus on the Air Pollution concern.
Encouraging people to make their neighboring surroundings safe as well as clean in order to enjoy a safer, cleaner as well as more prosperous future.
World Environment Day 2021 Quotes
Here are some of the famous inspirational quotes by famous personalities on world environment day are as follows:
- “After all, sustainability means running the global environment – Earth Inc. – like a corporation: with depreciation, amortization and maintenance accounts. In other words, keeping the asset whole, rather than undermining your natural capital”. – Maurice Strong
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has”. – Margaret Mead
- “God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools”. – John Muir
- “They claim this mother of ours, the Earth, for their own use, and fence their neighbors away from her, and deface her with their buildings and their refuse”. – Sitting Bull
- “Take a course in good water and air, and in the eternal youth of Nature, you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you”. – John Muir
- “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another”. – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Environmental concern is now firmly embedded in public life: in education, medicine and law; in journalism, literature and art”. – Barry Commoner
- “The environment is everything that isn’t me”. – Albert Einstein
- “Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth”. – Henry David Thoreau
- “I think the environment should be put in the category of our national security. Defense of our resources is just as important as defense abroad. Otherwise what is there to defend”? – Robert Redford
- “By polluting clear water with slime you will never find good drinking water”. – Aeschylus
- “We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment”. – Margaret Mead
- “It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment”. – Ansel Adams
- “If we do not permit the earth to produce beauty and joy, it will in the end not produce food, either”. – Joseph Wood Krutch
- “Environmental degradation, overpopulation, refugees, narcotics, terrorism, world crime movements, and organized crime are worldwide problems that don’t stop at a nation’s borders”. – Warren Christopher
- “Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land”. – Aldo Leopold
- “The government should set a goal for a clean environment but not mandate how that goal should be implemented”. – Dixie Lee Ray
- “Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we’ll soon be in trouble”. – Roger Tory Peterson
- “You will die but the carbon will not; its career does not end with you. It will return to the soil, and there a plant may take it up again in time, sending it once more on a cycle of plant and animal life”. -Jacob Bronowski
World Environment Day is the International environmental awareness and Action Day that happens on 5th June each year. The Day was Started in 1974 by the United Nation, each year the day is hosted in different countries, with events focusing on a central theme. This year 2021’s World Environment Day theme is ecosystem restoration, You might wish to mark the occasion by organizing the Event or initiative for Your Children and Students which Focus on Protecting the Ecosystem of Your Local Area.