Military Spouse Appreciation Day 2021 Date, History, Facts, Observance, Quotes, Messages: May 10, Friday is going to be National Military Spouse Appreciation Day as it is officially celebrated each year on the Friday before Mother’s Day. The day is celebrated every year in order to recognize the major contributions, support, as well as sacrifices of spouses of their Armed Forces.
The US President usually honors this day with a ceremonial speech and proclamation every year. It is very important that we should not overlook the sacrifices of those who play a very exceptional role in supporting our military. Millions of women and men make everyday sacrifices as military spouses. Perhaps the solitary thing as tough as being a military member is a loving one.
When Is Military Spouse Appreciation Day 2021?-
Military Spouse Appreciation Day 2021 in the United States will be observed on Friday, 10 May
History Of Military Spouse Appreciation Day
President Ronald Reagan recognized the deep importance of spouse commitment to the readiness and also the safety of military members. He then made the day for them as Military Spouse Appreciation Day and declared May 23, 1984, the first Military Spouse Appreciation Day with Public statement 5184, dated on April 17, 1984.
Military Spouse Appreciation Day Observance
This holiday is commonly privileged by a ceremonial speech or declaration by the President of the First Lady. A lot of military installations also rejoice in Military Spouse Appreciation Day with numerous local events as well as exceptional ceremonies.
Significance Of National Military Spouse Day
It’s true that there is no comparison of the hard work, pain, and risk of life in the Military and we can’t even thank them enough for their courageous work. But we should not forget the supportive people in their life who keep giving them the strength to be in such isolated places. And here we are talking about the Military Spouse, as there is also no comparison of hard times of Military Spouse that they face in day to day life. So here’s the day dedicated to them so that they can be proud of their important role.
Military Spouse Appreciation Day Facts
- The first National Military Spouses Appreciation Day was declared by President Ronald Reagan on May 23, 1984, after he issued a proclamation.
- The day was just planned on being a one-off holiday but was later made into a yearly observance by Secretary of Defense Casper Weinberger.
- As per a report, military spouses often have trouble finding an occupation. The report reveals that they are more likely to work for less pay or in positions below their education level.
- The Government has also launched a program which is intended at providing jobs to Military Spouses.
- During his presidency, Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle honored the annual military holiday every year.
National Military Spouse Appreciation Day Quotes And Messages 2021
- “It is not easy to accept the fact that your man loves his country more than you and only a few women have that strength to accept it…. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day.”
- On this day we have collected the best Military Spouse Appreciation Day Quotes and Messages that you can send to your family and friends who are Military Spouses. Thank them for their sacrifice and also those who are in the Military can also thank their spouse for being so strong and supportive and taking care of the family all alone when you are not there for them.
- “Sometimes the heart desires very simple things. The heart holds within it all that is most precious, all that we must protect. But it is also braver and bolder, more resilient than we realize. If we wound it, it will heal. And if it breaks, it learns to beat again.” — Jenny in “Call the Midwife”
- We as military spouses don’t want special treatment, we want fair treatment – Deanie Dempsey
- No, I did not choose lonely nights; nor did I choose the distance; but I did choose to love someone who sacrificed his right away from me, and that someone is my life
- “Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow — that is patience.” — Anonymous
- “Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation” — Kahlil Gibran
- “I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible.” — John Steinbeck
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
- Being deeply loved by someone give you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tzu
- “I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be ‘happy.’ I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.” — Leo Rosten
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” — Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength. Loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
- “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances.” — Martha Washington
- “Military Spouse Appreciation Day reminds us that wives of soldiers are much stronger than we think…. Salute to these women who have their own battles to fight every day.”
- “The life of a soldier’s wife is all about worrying each moment of her life when her husband is at the borders, guarding the country…. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day.”
- A thing is mighty big when time and distance cannot shrink it.” — Zora Neale Hurston
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — A. A. Milne
- “Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.” — Gilbert Parker
- “Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” — Adlai Stevenson
- “She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” — Elizabeth Edwards
- “On the occasion of Military Spouse Appreciation Day, I wish you all the strength and courage to always keep moving on like a brave soul.”
- “You are being tested. And you know what they say, my darling: Being tested only makes you stronger.” — Cora in “Downton Abbey”
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” –Arthur Ashe
- “All human wisdom is summed up in two words — wait and hope.” — Alexandre Dumas, pere
- “Accept failure. Enjoy it, even. Embrace the suck, for the suck, is part of the process.” — AJ Jacobs
- “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.” — George A. Moore
- “The longer is the wait, the sweetest is the pleasure of meeting your love again…. Best wishes on Military Spouse Appreciation Day.”
National Military Spouse Appreciation Day is presidentially approved which is Celebrated on Friday Before Mother’s Day in May. This year Military Spouse Appreciation Day will be observed on Friday, May 7th, 2021. On National Military Spouse Appreciation Day the Peoples honor the Contributions and Sacrifices made by the Military Spouses. Their Support and Commitments help the Country Safe. America’s Military Spouses are the Backbone of the Families who Support our troops during mission, deployment, reintegration, and reset. Military spouses are the Silent Heros who are essential to Strength on the Nation, and they serve our Country Just like their Loved ones.