World Music Day 2021 Date, Significance, History, Quotes, Messages: World Music Day is a yearly music celebration that is organized every year on June 21 in order to celebrate music from all over the world. The day is also known as the Fête de la Musique, Music Day, and Make Music Day.
What is World Music Day?
Music is the Form of Art whose medium is Sound. When the soothing, healing and Magical Sounds come together It becomes Music. Music is defined as the elements of pitch, rhythm, dynamics, and texture. World Music derived from greek and “Mousike” means “art of the Muses”. On World Music Day, the people of a city or nation are allowed and urged to play music outside in their neighborhoods or in public spaces as well as in parks too. There are various free concerts that are also organized, where musicians play for fun and exploring their music to others and not for payment. To celebrate this fantastic art form and its beautiful Followers World Music day is celebrated on 21st June annually worldwide.
When is World Music Day This Year?
This year in 2021, World Music Day is going to be celebrated on 21 June 2021, Friday.
Why World Music Day is Celebrated?
Well, there is nothing in the world like the sound of music which just gets right into our head and makes our body move automatically. World Music Day celebrates music in all its forms as well as the influence it’s had on the world and the human spirit.
World Music Day also helps in promoting music in two ways:
Amateur, as well as professional musicians, are encouraged in order to perform and present their music in the streets, under the slogan “Faites de la musique” (“Make music”) to pay tribute to the music and World Music Day.
Many free concerts are also organized where the concerts must be free to the public, as well as all the performers donate their time free of charge for making all genres of music accessible to the general public.
History of World Music Day
The first-ever World Music Day was celebrated in the year 1982 in Paris by Maurice Fleuret who became Director of Music and Dance at Minister of Culture Jack Lang’s request, in October 1981.
He instituted the day after discovering that out of five million people, one young person out of two, played a musical instrument, he then started to dream of an approach to bring people out on the streets, and therefore the day was then established.
World Music Day Quotes, SMS, Messages
- “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato
- “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.” ― Victor Hugo
- “If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” ― Charles Darwin
- “Everybody has that point in their life where you hit a crossroads and you’ve had a bunch of bad days and there are different ways you can deal with it and the way I dealt with it was I just turned completely to music.” ― Taylor Swift
- Music is an inspiration, it is a blessing from God…. Let’s thank God for such a beautiful blessing.
- Life is more beautiful when you love music…. Love yourself, love music.
- The best way to connect with our inner selves is to listen to a beautiful song each day.
- The sweetest songs are those which tell the saddest story….. When you listen to them, you establish a connection with them…. You find your own life in those lyrics and music and you cannot stop yourself from falling from them…….. Happy World Music Day to you.
- My mornings are incomplete without music and so are my nights…. It is the food for my soul…. I cannot imagine my life without the beauty and magic of music…. It is my life and my source of energy…. Happy World Music Day.
- That man is the richest and also the happiest who has a wonderful collection of music.
- Music has the power to melt hearts and connect them for life….. Happy World Music Day!
World Music Day is a connected set of free Public events which takes place every year. World Music Day or Fete de la Musique is the unique annual celebration of Music. On this day, usually Young amateur Musicians are encouraged to Perform. World Music Day allows anyone to Play their Favourite instruments in neighbourhood parks and open spaces for people to enjoy.