World Asthma Day 2019: World asthma day is a very popular event and is held around the world. It is carried out For spreading the awareness about the disease asthma. The event is held and hosted by Global initiative for asthma (GINA). It is organized at an international level and various people from the society take part in this awareness programme. The motive of world asthma day is to make the public aware of the causes of asthma and what are the possible precautions of the disease. So when is the world asthma day 2019 and what all activities are going to be seen?
When is World Asthma Day 2019?
The world asthma day is celebrated on first Tuesday in the month of May. It was first celebrated in 1998 in Barcelona, Spain. The first annual meet and was hosted by the global initiative for asthma (GINA). More Diane 35 countries participated in this annual meeting and since then the number of participating countries is growing. There are a number of events held in public places to spread the awareness of this program and of asthma. Doctors, teacher, students, patients, and other people join the campaign from around the world. The theme is, “Its time to control Asthma.”
World Asthma Day 2019: Date And Theme
World Asthma Day is going to be celebrated on 7th May 2019 because it is the first Tuesday of May. The theme this year is “STOP For Asthma.” STOP stands for symptom evaluation, Test Response, Observe and Proceed to adjust treatment. GINA will be performing different kinds of activities in public places to make people aware of the symptoms and precautions of the disease. Moreover, they are going to hold camps across the world to give the best possible treatment and advice to the patients.
National Institute of Health (NIH) will also hold free medical camps across the globe to provide free assistance and medicine to the people suffering from the disease currently. The motive is to spread awareness about this disease and other allergic diseases.
World Asthma Day Themes From 1998 to 2008-
- The theme of 1998 was “to help our children breathe”.
- The theme of 2000 was “everyone normal breathing”.
- The theme of 2001 was “unite to overcome asthma”.
- The theme of 2002 was “Understanding asthma”.
- The theme of 2003 was “Reducing the asthma burden”.
- The theme of 2004 was “emphasis on asthma, reduce the burden of asthma”.
- The theme of 2005 was “The Unmet Needs of Asthma”.
- The theme of 2006 was “The Unmet Needs of Asthma”.
- The theme of 2007 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2008 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2009 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2010 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2011 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2012 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2013 was “You Can Control Your Asthma.”
- The theme of 2014 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2015 was “You Can Control Your Asthma” and sub-theme was “It’s Time to Control Asthma”.
- The theme of 2016 was “You Can Control Your Asthma”.
- The theme of 2017 was “Allergy and Asthma”.
- The theme of 2018 is “Better air better breathing”.
There are a lot of activities and campaigns held by different NGOs across the world. There are many independent organizations which are fighting against these diseases. All search organizations will hold different campaigns and activities on 7th May 2019. So what are the expected activities this world asthma day 2019?
- AAP will hold different campaigns in public places for highlighting the symptoms and precautions of asthma. They how the vision and aim to eradicate this disease from the globe.
- Free medical camp to provide free check up and assistance to the patient. To find out the severity of the disease.
- Camps to encourage patient to go for a regular checkup. Educate patients on how to intake medicine and in what condition should they live in.
- various events are held by the government in different countries to make people aware of this disease.
- asthma clinics and medical stores are opened in places where required on this auspicious day.
- National level events are held by various organizations.
World Asthma Day 2019 Quotes-
Breathing is life…. Let us work together for a cleaner and healthier environment to stay safe from Asthma…..On the occasion of World Asthma Day, I wish a happy and healthy life for you and your loved ones.
For a healthy body, you need a healthy heart…. For a healthy heart, you need a healthy air….. For healthy air, you need a healthy surrounding…… On the occasion of World Asthma Day, let us promise to keep our surroundings free from toxins.
This World Asthma Day, let us aim to go back to days when there was no such disease when there was only healthy air to breathe and healthy heart to beat…. Best wishes on World Asthma Day.
You live longer and stay healthier when you inhale easily and properly….. Save yourself and your loved ones from asthma by working together for a healthier environment….. Happy World Asthma Day.
Just by controlling Asthma, we can put a check on various other diseases. World Asthma Day reminds us of our duty to create a healthy environment for our loved ones.
The objective of World Asthma Day
World Asthma Day is primarily celebrated to make people aware of asthma and the consequences. Moreover, the primary objective is to educate people about the symptoms and precautions of asthma and teach them how to prevent it from spreading. The various organizations working behind this day have the mission to eradicate customer from the globe. World Health Organization also plays a very important role in providing assistance to all the organizations and setting up medical centers around the world to ensure proper treatment of the affected people. Therefore, let’s all come together and celebrate this day on 7th May 2019 and take a pledge to eradicate asthma.