Walmart Credit Card: Get the Walmart Rewards Card in order to enjoy the same great rewards for any of the Walmart purchases which also comprises of 5% back for the first 12 months when you use your card with Walmart Pay for in-store purchases, upon authorization.
Without any yearly fee, the Walmart Credit Card offers 3% cashback at Walmart.com, as well as 2% back at Walmart and Murphy USA gas stations. There is only 1% cashback is offered for in-store Walmart purchases.
Today, we are going to talk about Walmart Credit Card, so that if you have any doubt regarding it then you can get some help from here. With this article, you can also estimate whether Walmart Credit Card is worth for you or not. So, without wasting any time let’s get started….
Where Can You Use Your Walmart Credit Card?
The Walmart Credit Card can only be used at many platforms and locations and some of them are as follows:
- Walmart Stores
- Walmart Supercenters
- Walmart gas stations
- Murphy USA gas stations
- Neighborhood Markets
- Sam’s Clubs (Note: For this, an active Sam’s Club membership required)
Walmart Credit Card Offers
|Walmart Credit Card||Offers|
Main Cash Back Benefits
|3% – Walmart.com
2% – Murphy’s USA & Walmart gas stations
1% – Walmart, Walmart Supercenters,
Neighborhood Markets & Sam’s Club
|Late Fees / Penalties||Up to $38|
What Are Other Options Than Walmart Credit Card?
Walmart has basically 2 branded cards, that is Walmart Credit Card and Walmart MasterCard, which have nearly the same benefits with just little main differences.
The Walmart MasterCard can basically be used anywhere you would like, this in other term means that you’ll get rewarded for the purchases that you have made virtually anywhere the MasterCard is accepted (even though marginally, at 1%).
The Walmart Credit Card, on the other hand, is only accepted at Walmart stores, Walmart.com, Walmart as well as Murphy USA gas stations, along with Sam’s Club stores.
In addition, some of the Walmart MasterCard holders may also receive a lower APR that depends on account type. And lastly, Walmart MasterCard holders are entitled to cash advances (with a variable APR), while Walmart Credit Cardholders, on the other hand, are not eligible.
But, still if you don’t want both of the cards then you still have another option and that is the Walmart MoneyCard, which is a reloadable prepaid Visa or MasterCard from Green Dot Bank.
Same as the other cards, the Walmart MoneyCard also be suitable for enrolment in the 3-2-1 Program, where you will get access to the special discounts as well as sales notices and you don’t need a bank account in order to use the prepaid card. Also, you can also even have your paycheck direct deposited. On the other hand, there are monthly fees for using the Walmart Money Card.
Walmart Credit Card’s Rewards
Here is the list of Major Walmart Credit Card’s Rewards that you must need to know:
- With Walmart Credit Card, one can save $25 when you open the card and spend $75 on your first purchase. It is only applicable online, paid as a statement credit.
- You can save 3% on purchases made at Walmart.com, which also comprises of Grocery Pickup purchases.
- It helps you save 2% on Murphy USA & Walmart gas
- You can also save 1% anywhere your card is accepted
- Other than that, you can get up to $100 Quick Cash in $20 increments when you make any of the purchase with your Walmart Credit Card at Walmart-owned registers in the Walmart stores. But it has the limit of one per day.
Some of the other additional perks that have been offered along with Walmart Credit Card are as follows:
- There is no annual fee
- You can check your credit score anytime for free by just signing up to electronic statements
- The other companies also charge up to $20 in order to check your score, so this may possibly be a great advantage for its users.
- It also gives you protection from any fraud.
- With the help of Walmart Credit Card, one can get easy access to special 6-12 month financing options.
Well, Walmart Credit Card is a store-branded card with good reviews. You can get better rewards, as well as terms with cash, back credit card and that isn’t too for a specific store. You can save up to $25 in initial savings and can get lots of benefit from it. However, the end decision is yours whether you want Walmart Credit Card or not. But, overall, it is a good decent choice.