Third 2020 Democratic Primary Debate: Democratic candidates for president faced each other again for the third time which was held at Texas Southern University’s Health & PE Center in Houston this time. There were many amazing and thrilling moments in the debate that made the debate more interesting and it was incredible to watch the whole debate.
Thursday night’s debate comprised of four moderators and they were ABC News This Week host George Stephanopoulos, ABC News World News Tonight anchor David Muir, ABC News correspondent Linsey Davis, and Univision anchor and journalist Jorge Ramos.
Previously, in the month of June, the first day of Democratic Debate 2019 was held on June 26, Wednesday and the second one on June 27, Thursday. The majority of the leaders on 10-person debate for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination concluded the second night on June 27 that was held in Miami.
When and Where Third 2020 Democratic Debate was held?
The third democratic debate was held on Thursday, September 12, at 5 pm PT. this time. It was held at Texas Southern University’s Health & PE Center in Houston.
Which Candidates didn’t Qualify for The Third Democratic Debate?
There are only half of the candidates who have qualified for Thursday’s night debate. Here is a list of all the candidates who didn’t qualified for the Thursday’s night debate.
- Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock
- Former Maryland Rep. John Delaney
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
- Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
- Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan
- Philanthropist and billionaire Tom Steyer
- Author and spiritual leader Marianne Williamson
- Miramar, Fla., Mayor Wayne Messam
- Former Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak
What was the Format of Third Night Democratic Debate?
Every single candidate has one minute and 15 seconds in order to respond to the questions from the moderators, along with this they also got an additional 45 seconds in order to respond to follow-up questions as well as rebuttals from former candidates. Candidates also got the opportunity to give an opening statement, but at the same time, there were no closing statements in this debate.
Third Democratic Debate Lineup
The Democratic Debate Lineup for the third event which was held on Thursday is as follows:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.)
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana
- Former Housing Secretary Julián Castro
- Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.)
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn)
- Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.)
- Entrepreneur Andrew Yang
When is the Next Democratic Debate?
The fourth debate is all set to held on October 15 and it may possibly also turn into a two-night event once again. In order to qualify in the fourth debate, the requirements will be the same as the third debate, and all the total of 10 candidates who are participating in the third debate are expected to take the stage once more in next month, if not drop out before then.
Here is the list of dates and venue of the upcoming debate schedule and these are as follows:
- Fourth debate: October 15 and 16, 2019 in Ohio
- Fifth debate: November 2019
- Sixth debate: December 2019
- Seventh debate: January 2020
- Eighth debate: January or February 2020
- Ninth debate: February 2020
- 10th debate: February 2020
- 11th debate: March 2020
- 12th debate: April 2020