Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which occurs in the Mesothelium Layer of the organs in the body. It is a deadly disease which can be caused because of several reasons. A thin layer is formed in the lining of organs like lungs, stomach, and others. There are several known treatments for this disease, however, the chances of Survival are very less due to the lack of accessibility to the affected organs. Chances of Survival are maximum when Mesothelioma is found out in the early stages itself. Therefore, everyone must be aware of the Symptoms of Mesothelioma. We have listed on each and every symptoms of this disease below.
Symptoms of Mesothelioma
The symptoms of mesothelioma start in stage 3 or 4. This is because of the fact that the initiation takes place in the form of nodules. The symptoms are shown only when the tumor becomes larger and starts press and against the chest wall. It is almost impossible to detect the disease in the first or second space as no symptoms are produced at all.
- Dry cough and wheezing which is not curable by normal cough syrups or antibiotics is a common symptom of this disease.
- Difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath can be a symptom of mesothelioma. However, this symptom is caused by a number of diseases as well. Hence, the patient must not panic buy just seeing one symptom.
- Pain in chest
- Fluid around the lungs
- Fever and night chills.
- Muscle weakness and fatigueness are other early symptoms.
The only way of identifying and confirming the symptoms is by the medium of X-Ray or blood test. However, it takes time to get detected on both X-ray and blood test. This makes the treatment of the disease even more difficult. However, the patient must get confirmation of the symptoms if he or she has an asbestos history. Mesothelioma is caused because of exposure to asbestos. People working in industries and factories related to asbestos are prone to developing cancer and diseases like this. Hence, cancer screening must be carried out at regular intervals in order to find any irregularities in the normal health of the body.
Early Stage Symptoms
The only stage symptoms of mesothelioma include common symptoms which are also found in many other diseases. Hence, the symptoms cannot be directly related to mesothelioma. However, the symptoms might help you in understanding your health better if you know about the asbestos history you share. Dry cough, shortness in breath, chest pain, and feeling uncomfortable in the area around the chest or abdomen are common symptoms of the disease.
Late Stage Symptoms
These symptoms start showing only in stage 3 or 4 after that you may have become significantly larger and has spread to other parts of the organ of the body. Hence, when the patients must understand the symptom carefully and refer to a doctor immediately.
- Loss of appetite is one of the most common late-stage symptoms of this disease.
- Anaemia and weight loss some other common late-stage symptoms which may appear in stage 3
- Uncomfortable bowel movement and obstruction in the path of Bowel.
- Intensified chest pain is a clear symptom which shows that the tumour in the lining of the lungs is growing and has become significantly larger. This occurs only when the size of the tumour is large enough to press against the chest wall.
- Reduced chest expansion and contraction may also be a symptom of the disease. It occurs because the tumour becomes large enough and obstructs the normal functioning of the long.
- A blood clot in various parts of the body is a major symptom of late-stage cancer.