International Women’s Day is celebrated every year to put lights on the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women around the world. It comes on the 8th of March every year. Nowadays there is nothing which women can’t do they reached in every working sector and proving themselves. Even in the armies, women are showing their interest. It serves as a reminder for people to stand up for equality and the freedom of women and the importance of their contribution to society.
Women in some regions are still called the”weaker sex”. Regions with less education do not take women for granted. In some regions women are still facing discrimination, sexual harassment, pay disparity, child marriage, abuse, and exploitation.
History of International Women’s Day
After the Socialist Party OF America organized A Women’s Day on February 28, 1909, in New York. The 1910 International Socialist Woman’s Conference suggested a women’s Day be held annually. After women gained suffrage in Soviet Russia in 1917, March 8 Became a National holiday there. The day was then predominantly celebrated by the socialist movement and communist countries until it was adopted in1975 by the United Nations.
The International Women’s Day 2019 campaign theme of #Balanceforbetter is a call to action for driving gender balance across the world.
What we can do?
In school and colleges, we can create events such like a drama, organize functions so we can aware people about issues women facing in society.
Private organizations working for the women can gather peoples and aware them about your campaign and ask for their support to the movement can go bigger.
International Women’s Day Quotes 2019-
Here are the best International Women’s Day 2019 Quotes About Women:
- A woman performs all the duties of a man but a man cannot do all that a woman can do.
- “Women, from time immemorial, have fought for the right of others, now it’s her time to get her rights realized and get equal participation in the society.”
- “A woman, she is born with the power to save and love, her existence is based on the truthfulness in her eyes.”
- “A woman should be taught to believe in protecting herself on her own and not to depend on a man for her protection. She has the power to protect the world and not just herself.”
- “A woman in any form shall be celebrated and honored, be it, a sister or a wife or a mother or any other form.”
Happy International Women’s Day 2019 Wishes & Status-
- “Women are the mammoth reservoir of power and talent which has yet not been tapped.”
- “If you want to get a plan, go to a man but if you want it to be done, go to a woman.”
- “Empower woman, empower the human community. The base on which the world stands is a woman.”
- “A strong woman is the one who can dare to raise her voice for the cause she believes in, and this strength lives in a corner in every woman’s heart, it just needs to be searched.”
- ”A woman is one who walks on her own footsteps rather than following the direction shown by the crowd.”
- ”There is only one thing in the Universe which a woman still needs to learn and that one thing is that, ‘she has the power to turn the direction of the wind on her own’.”
- The best way to change the society and the underlying issues is to channelize the power of a woman in every walk of life.”
Top International Women’s Day Message & Wishes 2019-
- “Our mother is one person who makes us realize our dreams. They are the people in our life who work all day and night and that too without getting paid for it.”
- Cheers to the existence of this great creature of the Universe!
- “The guess, a woman makes is much accurate than the certainty a man asserts.”
- “One powerful being of the society is a woman who is educated and has the power to spread awareness in the society.”
- An educated woman is the one who frightens the advocators of taboos and stereotypes that exist in the society.”
- ”Had the woman community had not been there, money would have been meaningless.”
- “A man’s manhood is reflected in the way, he treats all the women in his life!”
- “Be a queen when you think, be a queen when you decide, no one has the power to defeat the tremendous power inside a woman! Her strength can cross any hurdle in her life!!”
International Women’s Day 2019 Top Status & Quotes-
- ”No matter where you go, you can encounter the power of a woman, she runs a company in the most efficient way, and she raises her children in a way that nobody ever can think of doing!”
- “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world” – Hillary Rodham Clinton
- “Extremists have shown what frightens them most: a girl with a book” – MalalaYousafzai
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Whether women are better than men I cannot say – but I can say they are certainly no worse” – Golda Meir
- “Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry” – Gloria Steinem
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world” – Lucille Ball
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you never how strong she is until she gets in hot water” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met” – Farrah Fawcett
- “Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity” – Mahatma Gandhi
International Women’s Day 2019 Wishes For Wife, Mother, Sister-
- “Women are leaders everywhere you look — from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes” – Nancy Pelosi
- “The history of all times and of today especially, teaches that women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves” – Louise Otto
- “Whatever glory belongs to the race for a development unprecedented in history for the given length of time, a full share belongs to the womanhood of the race” – Mary McLeod Bethune
- “I love women. They’re the best thing ever created. If they want to be like men and come down to our level, that’s fine” – Mel Gibson
- “Remember the dignity of your womanhood. Do not appeal, do not beg, do not grovel. Take courage, join hands, stand beside us, fight with us” – Christabel Pankhurst
- “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “They may talk of a comet, or a burning mountain, or some such bagatelle; but to me, a modest woman, dressed out in all her finery, is the most tremendous object of the whole creation” – Oliver Goldsmith
- “I think the key is for women not to set any limits” – Martina Navratilova