International Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th March every year all around the world. On this day we look at the progress women making in the world and the achievements they are achieving. It is a focal point in the movement for women’s rights. On this day we put lights on the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of the women all around the world. It is time to do things which help to create a world with a more gender-balanced world. From past women have come a long way and creating places in the world for them. They are now ready to lead the world.
The International Women’s Day 2019 campaign theme is #BalanceforBetter. The vision of this campaign is that people on IWD this year aware themselves and others about gender equality and make a more gender-balanced world because better balance drives a better working world. Now women are participating from grassroots activities to worldwide action.
Activities we can do on International Women’s Day
we can motivate others towards the campaign #BalancefoeBetter by taking our pictures posing both hands out parallel to shoulder to symbolize balance and post it on #IWD2019 message on social media.
We can organize an event or function in schools or colleges so our young minds can aware of gender equality and know the problems women faced because of gender inequality.
International Women’s Day 2019 Quotes –
So here are the quotes you can share to women to respect them and to make them feel strong and to support them.
- “A man’s manhood is reflected in the way, he treats all the women in his life!”
- “Be a queen when you think, be a queen when you decide, no one has the power to defeat the tremendous power inside a woman! Her strength can cross any hurdle in her life!!”
- ”No matter where you go, you can encounter the power of a woman, she runs a company in the most efficient way, and she raises her children in a way that nobody ever can think of doing!”
- “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world” – Hillary Rodham Clinton
- “Extremists have shown what frightens them most: a girl with a book” – MalalaYousafzai
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman” – Margaret Thatcher
- “Whether women are better than men I cannot say – but I can say they are certainly no worse” – Golda Meir
- “Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry” – Gloria Steinem
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world” – Lucille Ball
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you never how strong she is until she gets in hot water” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I’ve ever met” – Farrah Fawcett
- “Woman is the companion of man, gifted with equal mental capacity” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Women are leaders everywhere you look — from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes” – Nancy Pelosi
- “The history of all times and of today especially, teaches that women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves” – Louise Otto
- “Whatever glory belongs to the race for a development unprecedented in history for the given length of time, a full share belongs to the womanhood of the race” – Mary McLeod Bethune
- “I love women. They’re the best thing ever created. If they want to be like men and come down to our level, that’s fine” – Mel Gibson
- “Remember the dignity of your womanhood. Do not appeal, do not beg, do not grovel. Take courage, join hands, stand beside us, fight with us” – Christabel Pankhurst
- “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “They may talk of a comet, or a burning mountain, or some such bagatelle; but to me, a modest woman, dressed out in all her finery, is the most tremendous object of the whole creation” – Oliver Goldsmith
- “I think the key is for women not to set any limits” – Martina Navratilova
- “As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world” – Virginia Woolf
- “Find something you’re passionate about and stay tremendously interested in it” – Julia Child
- “Women are the real architects of society” – Cher