Cesar Chavez Day 2019 Inspirational Quotes: Cesar Chavez Day is celebrated every year on March 31 and marks the birth and legacy of the Civil Rights and Labor movement activist Cesar Chavez. He gave his services and done a great job for his community to repay him we honor him on his birthday with appropriate service, community and educational programs. Some states offices, community colleges, libraries, and public schools are closed. Texas also recognized this day and it is an optional holiday in Arizona and Colorado. It is U.S. commemorative holiday, proclaimed by ex-president Barack Obama.
Cesar Chavez (March 31, 1927- April 23, 1993) who with Dolores Huerta, co-founded the National Farm Workers Association later who is named as United Farm Workers union, UFW.
Happy Cesar Chavez Day 2019 Quotes –
Here are Happy Cesar Chavez Day 2019 inspirational quotes which can inspire you.
- Preservation of one’s own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures.”
- “From the depth of need despair, people can work together, can organize themselves to solve their own problems and fill their own needs with dignity and strength.”
- “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live. We shall endure.”
- “We need to help students and parents cherish and preserve the ethnic and cultural diversity that nourishes and strengthens this community – and this nation.”
- “There’s no turning back…We will win. We are winning because ours is a revolution of mind and heart.”
- “Being of service is not enough. You must become a servant of the people. When you do, you can demand their commitment in return.”
- “Self-dedication is a spiritual experience.”
- “The end of all knowledge must be the building up of character.”
- “We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community.”
- “The fight is never about grapes or lettuce. It is always about people.”
- There are vivid memories from my childhood – what we had to go through because of low wages and the conditions, basically because there was no union. I suppose, if I wanted to be fair, I could say that I’m trying to settle a personal score. I could dramatize it by saying that I want to bring social justice to farm workers.
- If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart.
- What we do know absolutely is that human lives are worth more than grapes and that innocent-looking grapes on the table may disguise poisonous residues hidden deep inside where washing cannot reach.
- Students must have initiative; they should not be mere imitators. They must learn to think and act for themselves – and be free.
- When poor people get involved in a long conflict, such as a strike or a civil rights drive, and the pressure increases each day, there is a deep need for spiritual advice. Without it, we see families crumble, leadership weaken, and hard workers grow tired.
- Who gets the risks? The risks are given to the consumer, the unsuspecting consumer, and the poor workforce. And who gets the benefits? The benefits are only for the corporations, for the money makers.
- When we are really honest with ourselves we must admit our lives are all that really belong to us. So it is how we use our lives that determines the kind of men we are.
- To be a man is to suffer for others. God help us to be men!
- The burdens of generations of poverty and powerlessness lie heavy in the fields of America. If we fail, there are those who will see violence as the shortcut to change.
- It is my deepest belief that only by giving our lives do we find life. I am convinced that the truest act of courage, the strongest act of manliness is to sacrifice ourselves for others in a totally non-violent struggle for justice.
- It is possible to become discouraged about the injustice we see everywhere. But God did not promise us that the world would be humane and just. He gives us the gift of life and allows us to choose the way we will use our limited time on earth. It is an awesome opportunity.