Teacher Appreciation Week 2020: Teacher Appreciation Day is celebrated every year on the Tuesday of the first full week in May. The day is also popularly known as National Teacher Day and the day is celebrated in order to appreciate and recognize the work of teachers towards the development of the new generation.
In the year 1985, the National Parent-Teacher Association named the first full week of May as “Teacher Appreciation Week”. On the other hand, the National Education Association elected Tuesday of that week “National Teacher Day.”
The day celebrates the hard work of teachers and honours the influence that they have on students’ lives.
Best Ways to Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week
This is the best time for the students as well as the parents to show their gratitude towards the hardworking teachers. So, this is our duty to make their day beautiful by these small but heart touching things so that they could know how much love and affection you have for them.
· To make the day more meaningful, write a letter or prepare a greeting card f your teachers and thank them for mentoring and inspiring you in such a crucial stage of your life.
· The best way to celebrate your teachers is through small beautiful gifts such as flowers, books, chocolates, gift cards and many more.
· However, letters are more meaningful than any other gift as it shows your true feelings but the best you can do to your teacher is giving them the letters which are written by your parents. This will be quite a surprise to your teacher as well as they will feel more overwhelmed.
· You can also arrange a small classroom party for your teachers where you can present your songs, speeches, dance etc. for your teachers. You can also arrange a big party where you can also invite your parents to thank all the teachers.
· You can also make a handmade “Thank You Book” for your teachers where you can write small beautiful messages for all your teachers and thank them for being such a big support.
Best Quotes on Teachers Appreciation Week 2020
The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. – Kahlil Gibran
The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-distrust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciple. – Amos Bronson Alcott
Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth. – Helen Caldicott
The greatest sign of success for a teacher…is to be able to say, “The children are now working as if I did not exist.” – Maria Montessori
Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well. – Aristotle
Best Messages to send on Teacher Appreciation Week 2020
Dear Teacher, Thank You
for continually inspires me to do my best
You help me strive for goals,
I found guidance, friendship, discipline and love, everything, in one person.
And that person is you
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
Just wanted to let you know how much your time, effort, and hard work is appreciated. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
Sending my love and warmth to you, You have not only been a wonderful teacher but also friend, philosopher and guide May you have a memorable Teacher Appreciation Week!
To someone who is a sincere and wonderful person as well as an amazing educator. All of your hard work and efforts are greatly appreciated. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
Dear teacher, Thanks for supporting and enlightening all my way.
If only I could have your blessing for a lifetime,
I would succeed the way I have done always.
Have a wonderful Teacher Appreciation Week!