Burn’s night is arriving on 25th January and people are excited about the celebration. It includes drinking, feasting, and singing. It is the day of birth of poet Robert Burn. He was one of the greatest poets of his time.
After his death, his writings inspired many people thinking and creativity. Robert Burn is best known for his Romantic movement who wrote many influential poems. His folk songs are Auld Lang Syne, To a Mouse and The Battle of Sherramuir.
His poetries are often heard on the day and you must be interested to know some of his quotes. Here are some rounded up selection of his motivational Burn’s Night quotes which inspires the reader.
Robert Burn’s Quotes
Listed are the quotes from Robert Burn’s poetry for Burn’s night,2019. I pick my favorite quotations and then store it in my mind as an armour, offensive or defensive, amid the struggle of this turbulent existence.
- Life is nothing but just a day at most.
- The honest man, though e’er sae poor, Is king o’ men, for a’ that!
- My heart is in the Highlands, my heart is not here. My heart is in the Highlands chasing the deer.
- Now is the day, now is the hour.
- This one is to let know the readers the value of time. That we should live in present and what needs to be done should be done.
- As fair art thou, my bonnie lass, So deep in love am I; And I will love thee still, my dear, Till a’ the seas gang dry.
- Ae fond kiss and then we sever, Ae farewell, Alas, forever!
- He also says, ‘Be daring to be honest and you should fear no labor’.
- There is liberty in every blow. So let us either go for it and do or die.
- Suspense is far better than the Disappointment.
- For gold the merchant ploughs the main, The farmer ploughs the manor; But glory is the sodger’s prize, The sodgerpppp’s wealth is honor: The brave poor sodger ne’er despise, Nor count him as a stranger; Remember he’s his country’s stay, In day and hour of danger.
- Know, prudent, cautious, self-control is wisdom’s root.
- Oh, would these gifts give us some power, to see ourselves the way the world sees us.
- Wee, sleekit, cow’rin, tim’rous beastie, O, what a panic’s in thy breastie! Thou need na start awa sae hasty, Wi’ bickering brattle! I wad be laith to rin an’ chase thee, Wi’ murd’ring pattle!
- A Man’s a man for a’ that.
- Here lies, now a prey to insulting neglect, What once was a butterfly, gay in life’s beam: Want only of wisdom denied her respect, Want only of goodness denied her esteem.
- Kings may feel blessed but still time was glorious.
- The best laid scheme ever is o’mice and men.
- But to see her was to love her, to love her is to love her forever.
- Ye Jacobites by name, give an ear, give an ear, Ye Jacobites by name, give an ear, Ye Jacobites by name, Your faults I will proclaim, Your doctrines I maun blame, you shall hear.
These were Inspiring quotes from Robert Burn to motivate people for the upcoming Burn’s night,2019.