How To Record Your Computer Screen: Ever thought of recording your projects of games that are there on the PC? Many people like to record the screen for saving a particular file or for making a YouTube tutorial video. A recording computer screen is a great option for making creative YouTube videos. All the computers and laptops come equipped with webcams and microphone. However, they do not provide a direct option to record the screen. Hence, we are going to tell you the possible ways using which you can record the computer screen without any problem.
How to record your Computer screen in Windows 10?
You might have been using PowerPoint for years, but did you know that you can even record your computer screen using PowerPoint? Well, the latest version of PowerPoint does allow you to do so. Follow the simple steps given below and start recording the videos yourself.
- Launch the latest version of PowerPoint and then go to the insert menu
- Click on the screen recording button
- Now you will have to select the area of the screen which you have to record. In case you want to record the entire screen, press Windows key + Shift + R.
- the screen will start getting recorded and you can deposit or stop it anytime using the controls.
This is perhaps one of the greatest features and the best way to record rough videos for including in presentations or some other tasks.
YouTube Live Streaming
YouTube live streaming is perhaps the best way to record your videos at a decent quality. This is a great feature for all the YouTubers because the application automatically allows you to record the computer screen. Follow the steps given below to activate YouTube live.
- Open YouTube on Chrome and then log in using your Google account.
- Now tap on the account icon and go to the YouTube studio option
- Choose the life events option under additional features. Now select a new live event
- YouTube will ask you to choose between the custom and the quick mode. The custom recording option will give you access to additional coding features. Quick options for those who do not want to edit much and make the video as fast as possible.
- Select stop recording once you’re done and save it.
OBS Studio: This is a free screen recording application which can be downloaded externally on the Windows 10 PC. It also works with all other Windows version and as a great way of recording the videos for free. Hence, you can simply rely on this application if you do not want to use powerpoint or other inbuilt applications for recording the screen.
How to record your Computer screen in Mac?
There are a lot of ways using which you can record the Mac screen. The best part is that the device has its own screen recorder which facilitates recording screen by its own.
macOS Screen Recorder
- Press command + Shift + 5 in order to bring the screenshot toolkit.
- Now simply select the portion of the screen that you want to record. You can also select the entire screen if you want. It will immediately start recording.
- Click on stop recording and select the place where you want to save the clip.
This is perhaps the best way of recording the Mac screen in case you are running on an older version. The latest version of Mac has the screen recording feature which is mentioned above. However, if you don’t have the latest version, QuickTime player is the best one for doing so. All you need to do is launch the application and start video recording after selecting the portion of the screen.