Social media itself is a very interesting thing. Then just think how interest in would be the facts, figures, and stats about the social media platforms. Every second you spend on the internet is counted and recorded somewhere or the other. These facts may be amazing for some and creepy for others. Today we are up with some cool and interesting social media facts, figures and statistics.
Many users are curious to know how many people actually use the social media platform which they use daily. Well, we have the answer to all your questions. Besides normal users, the statistics, figures, and facts are very important for people who are so-called digital marketers. Marketing is the sole industry because of which the social media platform runs. Millions of people earn their living by this means.
Amazing Social Media Facts and Statistics You Should Know
Social Media Statistics
- The world population is 7.6 billion, out of waste 4.2 billion people use the internet.
- There are 3.2 billion active social media users across the world.
- On an average, each person has 5 social media accounts.
- An individual spends 116 minutes per day on an average on various social media platforms
- 90% of the giant retailers used at least two social media platforms for brand building
- 80% small and medium businesses use the social media platform for advertising.
- there is a very interesting fact that Facebook is the most followed page on Twitter, Google ranks 3rd.
- Google processes over 100 billion searches per month
- That is around 40000 searches per second. Isn’t that astonishing?
- 91% searches in the world are done on Google, therefore it is the largest advertising platform
- Bing and Yahoo sums up to hold searches around 6%
- Google Chrome is the world’s most used web browser.
- Additionally, YouTube has about 150 billion users.
There are thousands of many social media platforms. You might be wondering which one tops the list in terms of active users. Here are the visitor numbers.
Everyone knows about Facebook, right. But do you know how many people use it every day? Let us tell you that Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world. No other social media is even new Facebook in terms of active users. Approximately, 2.072 billion people use Facebook every day. Just imagine the amount of data shared on the Facebook platform.
Instagram doesn’t even stand near Facebook. It has 1 billion active users only. However, statistics show that the amount of money spent by companies on social media marketing is approximately the same for both Facebook and Instagram.
Google had the vision to overtake Facebook by launching its new social media platform, named Google+. However, the field to do so miserably. Google+ had only 111 million users. Because of this Google finally took the decision to shut down this failed social media platform.
WhatsApp is owned by Facebook itself. It has about 900 million active users. WhatsApp ranks second in terms of data volume shared. These facts and statistics about social media are interesting. Therefore, we also amazing facts and statistics for social media platform marketers.
It is known as the professional social media platform. Around 80% of the LinkedIn users are directly or indirectly connected to the business. Hence, it is the world’s largest platform to look for professionals.
Amazing Facts & Statistics about Social Media Marketing
- Around 70% of the business use Facebook in the initial social media marketing stage.
- 45% B2B marketers have found their customers via LinkedIn. Hence, Business products are mostly promoted here.
- Only 20% of the LinkedIn users are below the age of 20.
- However, More than 50% of Facebook users are youth.
- Moreover, there are almost 70% of youth using Instagram.
- Advertising on Twitter cost almost 6 times that of Facebook. Therefore, FB has a very wide advertisement base.
- Only 18% social media marketing use Google+ platform. Therefore, it almost a dead platform.
- 30% marketers use Twitter as a source for leads.
These facts and Statistics about the social media platform a very interesting. Therefore, it should be taken into consideration in terms of business as well as amusement. The target audience can be found out using these statistics. Therefore, statistics are very important for social media marketing.