Thanksgiving Day 2020: Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated every year on several dates in the United States, Canada, along with some of the Caribbean islands, and Liberia. It started as a day of giving thanks as well as sacrifice for the blessing of the harvest and of the previous year.
Thanksgiving is basically celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada as well as in the United States, it is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, and around the same part of the year in various other places.
Even though Thanksgiving has historical roots in religious as well as cultural traditions, on the other hand, it has also long been celebrated as a secular holiday as well.
Thanksgiving tradition started in the early XVII century, but the date, as well as the popularity of the day, varied between states. First, nation-wide Thanksgiving was declared on November 26, 1789, by George Washington. The contemporary date of the fourth Thursday of the month of November was set in the year 1941 by federal legislation.
When is Thanksgiving Day 2020 in US?
Thanksgiving Day is a United States national holiday that is celebrated every year on the fourth Thursday in the month of November. It comprises of both religious as well as secular aspects – being both a harvest festival along with a festival of family.
On the other hand, the origins of Thanksgiving Day are also believed to lie in a first harvest celebration that is held in Plymouth, Massachusetts in the year 1621.
Thanksgiving Day is also considered to be the day with the highest food consumption of the year. The date of US Thanksgiving also differs from Thanksgiving Day that is held in Canada, where it is celebrated on the second Monday of October.
This year in 2020, Thanksgiving Day is going to be celebrated on 26th November 2020 in the United States.
Thanksgiving Day History, Facts & Information
In the year 1863, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed national Thanksgiving Day to be celebrated on the final Thursday in the month of November. The rule of announcing the final Thursday of November as Thanksgiving Day was then later followed up till the year 1939.
In addition to that, in 1939 President Franklin D. Roosevelt also announced the fourth (next-to-last) Thursday of November as Thanksgiving in spite of the last, fifth one. The change of the date of Thanksgiving was projected to range the shopping season in advance of Christmas and to help to bring the country out of The Great Depression.
Furthermore, Thanksgiving in the year 1949 and 1941 was celebrated on third (next-to-last) Thursdays. Later in December 1941 Thanksgiving date was then fixed as the fourth Thursday in the month of November.
Sarah Joseph Hale, the author of the nursery rhyme “Mary Had a Little Lamb” had the one who contributed to the establishment of Thanksgiving as a national holiday. She sends letters to President Lincoln for 17 years and then finally convinced him to support legislation starting a national holiday of Thanksgiving in the year 1863.
The only national holidays celebrated in the United States before Thanksgiving was Washington’s Birthday (Presidents’ Day) as well as Independence Day.
Thanksgiving Day Celebration Ideas
Thanksgiving is a great time to be grateful as well as to appreciate who you have and what you have. This is the best time for families to meet, socialize as well as enjoy each other’s company, at times the only chance in a year. Some prefer it to Christmas for the reason of less importance on consumerism. On top of that Thanksgiving is also the start of a four day weekend which is great, as well.
Historically, Thanksgiving by tradition has been a celebration of the blessings of the year, which also comprises of the harvest. What Americans call the “Holiday Season” generally starts with Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Day 2020 Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Greetings & Images
Today here we are going to provide some best collections of Happy Thanksgiving Day 2020 Quotes along with Thanksgiving Day 2020 Images, Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving Day Wishes & Messages 2020 for you. Send these awesome collections of Happy Thanksgiving Day 2020 Greetings Images And Quotes Wishes with your friends, relatives, and other beloved ones through social media like Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, And More. Check out some beautiful Collections of Thanksgiving Day Wishes, Quotes, Messages From below:
- We gather on this day to be thankful for what we have, for the family we love, the friends we cherish, and for the blessings that will come. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Wishing you abundance, hope, peace and a festive holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving greetings to you!
- May your blessings be multiplied this year and throughout all your life. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you!
- May the best things in life be yours, not only this Thanksgiving but throughout the years. Happy Thanksgiving from my heart to yours!
- This is a special day to count our blessings and all the things that we are grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
- I wish you a happy and festive holiday with your loved ones. May you have a joyous Thanksgiving!
- Wishing you a picture-perfect table with a positive mood on this holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Thank you for always being there, may you have a great Thanksgiving day.
- May you enjoy this celebration with your family full of laughter and peace. Happy Thanksgiving greetings!
Happy Thanksgiving Day 2020 Wishes, Messages, Quotes For Friends & Family
- You are strong, supportive, admirable, loving and understanding. Thank you for being my parents! Happy Thanksgiving Mom and Dad.
- I may take you for granted, I may lash out at you but on this Thanksgiving Day, you deserve my everlasting gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving Mom and Dad!
- Thank you, Mom, for always making spectacular meals throughout the years! Thanksgiving won’t be the same without your special dishes.
- I am sending you hugs and kisses on this holiday. Thank you for being my friend in every way. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Your friendship has made my life more meaningful. Thank you for always being by my side.
- Thank you for making the world a better place, and most of all thank you for being my best friend!
- The thing I’m most grateful for right now is you. Thank you for everything, happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Day 2020 Wishes & Messages For Best Friend
- I value you as my friend, thank you for being there for me till the end. Happy Thanksgiving Wishes to You!
- Wishing you a year full of success and all the best in life. Thank you for being my dear friend!
- There are a lot of things to be thankful for, but I am most thankful for a great friend like you. Happy Thanksgiving my friend!
- I appreciate how you listen when I talk and for being my shoulder to cry on. Thank you for being a true friend.
- I wish you a wealth of love and a healthy, happy, long life. I am honored to be your friend.
- Let’s be grateful that we no longer celebrate Thanksgiving the traditional way: invite everyone over, have an enormous feast and then kill them and take their land.
Thanksgiving Wishes, Messages For Client, Customer, Boss, Employee
- There has been much speculation and debate as to the secret of success, however, we already know it. It is you, our customer, our priceless key to our success. Thank you for all your support. Wishing you and yours a fantastic Thanksgiving
- In this season of thankfulness, we are especially grateful to you, who have worked so hard to build and create the success of our company. Wishing you and your family a Thanksgiving full of blessings.
- In this time of gratitude, we give thanks to you. We value and appreciate your contribution. Counting you as one of our team is something that we are especially grateful for. On behalf of all of us, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
- Your excellence drives our success. Thank you and a happy Thanksgiving to you. – From your management team
Happy Thanksgiving Greetings, Cards, Quotes, Images
- I am so thankful that you came into my life. Thank you for all the wonderful memories. May you enjoy a joyous Thanksgiving!
- Wishing you loads of success, a loving family, and supportive friends. Best Thanksgiving wishes to you and yours!
- I couldn’t do what I do without you. Thank you for being my partner! Happy Thanksgiving my love!
- With all my heart I give thanks to you, for the love and all of the things you do. Happy Thanksgiving!
- I want to express my gratitude to you. I am nothing without you. Thank you for being my rock. Sincerest Thanksgiving day wishes to you!
Thanksgiving Day 2020 Status, Wishes For Facebook & WhatsApp
- Family and friends gather round, we shall all give thanks for the blessings we’ve found. For the love, the joy and the turkey too, happy Thanksgiving, and thank you to you!
- Sending you warm thoughts, prayers, and cheers and may you enjoy a bountiful Thanksgiving.
- May you have a Thanksgiving full of joy, peace, harmony and may you have a wonderful holiday season too.
- On this Thanksgiving day, may we glorify God with our gratitude for all the blessings we have. May you have a happy Thanksgiving!
- Love, peace and time with family and friends are what I pray for you on this Thanksgiving day and all the coming years too.
Well!! This section of the article is related to Thanksgiving Day 2019, How and why Celebrate Thanksgiving Day and Thanksgiving Day Quotes, Wishes, Images. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, you can share this page with your friends and relatives. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!